One woman's foray into cooking for herself, for her family, and for her friends. It's not always picture-perfect, sometimes a little messy,
but it's always delicious. Join me in exploring new recipes, savoring the "résultats" and learning from the "erreurs".



Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Chicken with Lemon Sauce

Knowing I'm always on the lookout for quick and delicious dinners, my mom called me about a month or so ago with a recipe for lemon sauce she'd tried and fell in love with. She usually cuts up chicken into chunks, sautes it and some celery and other vegetables, then makes the lemon sauce to pour over all of it. It sounded like my kind of recipe. But instead of cutting up the chicken, I decided to make a quick tempura batter (1 cup flour, 1 cup cold water, & 1 egg), dip flattened pieces of chicken breast into the batter, and fry them in a skillet. The sauce was delicious over the chicken. So easy and so quick. Mom was right - isn't she always?!!


Chicken with Lemon Sauce

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1 egg

2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch

1 cup chicken stock
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice

Mix flour, water, and egg. Dip chicken in tempura batter and fry in peanut oil.

Mix water and cornstarch, and set aside.

Meanwhile, in saucepan, heat 1 chicken stock, sugar, ginger, soy sauce, and salt to simmering. Add lemon juice. Add cornstarch mixture, and simmer until thickened, stirring frequently. Serve over chicken.

5 comments:

Thibeault's Table said...

Lori, you make the best chicken dishes. I would be very happy with your dinner.

Karine said...

Chicken and lemon pair well together and your dish sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing:)

Linda said...

That looks wonderful Lori...
I would be pretty happy with that too!

Cathy said...

Yum, ginger and soy in the sauce sounds wonderful. I would love this tasty meal.

Dragana said...

Hi Lori! I'm forwarding this one to my kids in college. They are always looking for interesting ways to cook chicken. The ginger and soy sauce will be appealing to them.

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and welcome your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin